Sunday, June 12, 2011

TerraCycle

I apologize for my absence last week but I was on a trip volunteering in Los Angeles with 75 high school students! I’m back though and going to share my new obsession for this week’s entry. TerraCyle. I love recycling and re-using as much as I can but TerraCycle just took recycling to a whole new level. They take unrecyclable materials (chewy bar wrappers, cereal bags, beauty products, cameras, cell phones, writing utensils, etc) and make them into new things. On top of that, for most of their “brigades”, like items being recycled, they will give .02 cents to the charity of your choice or you can instead get points and donate them to projects on their website, like Heifer International. All you have to do is sign up or find somewhere locally that is already collecting materials for TerraCycle. I have found that it is a bit difficult to find people locally so I just signed up myself. I’d be more than happy to collect people’s things, just let me know! So this week when you are unwrapping your toilet paper and going to throw away the plastic wrapping, think again because through TerraCycle those items you are throwing away may be able to be recycled. Happy recycling!

Until next week,
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment