The Holidays are upon us and thus the gift buying begins. While you are deciding what to get people this year pause and think for a minute as to what your gift will bring other than happiness. Are you buying something that is fair trade? Something that gives back? Or something that supports local business? There are some great ways this year to help give back while also getting things for those you love:
- West Elm has mugs for $10 and $5 supports one of I believe seven causes
- Look for the St. Jude’s symbol at stores to help give to St. Judes
- Gap has a gift card that when purchased 2% goes to Care or Communities in Schools
- Think about purchasing fair trade items; visit Ten Thousand Villages or Whole Foods
- Purchase local; think about going to the little stores around town instead of the big corporations
- Instead of giving gifts, donate to a non-profit
- While the sales continue purchase children’s toys and items and donate them to a local non-profit, hospital, daycare, etc.
The list goes on and on. There are so many ways that you can help make a difference this holiday season, just figure out how you want to do so. Happy Holidays!
Until next week,
St. Judes: http://www.tg.stjude.org/partners
Ten Thousand Villages: http://www.tenthousandvillages.com/