It’s Earth Day!! For those of us who had some trouble celebrating Earth Day because it was raining all day or for those who may have forgotten, here are some things we can do in the future to help:
- Recycle: try to put more in the recycling bin than in the trash bin
- Turn your lights off and unplug: when you aren’t in the room turn the lights off and unplug electronic devices (curling irons, toasters, cell phone chargers when not in use)
- Plant a tree or tend a garden: I’m excited because we have a garden plot and are going to grow some food to eat. Try doing that yourself or if you can’t maybe plant a tree or get a house plant
- Take a shorter shower: try to shorten your shower by one or two minutes
- Enjoy mother nature: go for a walk, a run, or a bike ride
So in the next few weeks make sure to take some time and enjoy nature. Happy Earth Day!
Until next week,